Nigeria: How to Collect NECO Original Certificate. Getting your NECO original certificate should be your goal after you must have written the examination and succeeded. This is because you’ll need to gain admission into tertiary institutions and it’ll also make up part of your certificates—in some cases, you might be required to present a photocopy of your original certificate before you’ll be granted a job.
Obtaining your original NECO certificate should, therefore, be a must for anyone who passed their NECO examination. But how do you go about obtaining your Original Certificate? If that question has been plaguing your heart, then worry no more because, in this guide, you’ll be learning how to retrieve or collect your original NECO certificate.
Guidelines for NECO original certificate fee payment
Candidates who have succeeded in their NECO exam will need to have the documents outlined below and also pay a paltry fee of ₦1000 to the National Examination Council (NECO) online payment portal and print the receipt of payment before heading to any of the NECO offices where the exam was written.
Below are the steps to follow;
- Use your favourite browser to log into the NECO items online payment platform or portal via https://payments.neco.gov.ng/
- Search for or select the Payment Item or Payment Category you want to make the payment for. For instance, Remarking BECE or SSCE, etc
- A payment Item code is required for any NECO payment and you can obtain the item code when you visit the official NECO website: neco.gov.ng
- Make sure to verify your payment before proceeding to pay because you’ll not be issued a refund after the payment has been made or completed
- Fill out the form in the box to the right before proceeding to payment
- Select your preferred mode of payment
- Go through the transaction breakdown, read and accept the disclaimer before clicking or tapping on the Confirm button to proceed
- Verify payment details and click or tap on the checkbox
- Once your payment is successful, you’ll receive a payment receipt
- Carry the receipt along with you when heading to the nearest NECO office.
How to collect NECO original certificate
We have two categories of the NECO exam which are internal and external. The Internal NECO exam is for high school students who are in their third or final year of secondary education. On the other hand, the NECO external exam is for private candidates — people who are not in the school system.
How to collect NECO original certificate (Internal: June/July)
To Know when the original NECO certificate will be available for collection, you can ask your exam officer or principal.
Collecting NECO External original certificate (Nov/Dec)
For private candidates who sat for their exams at their respective NECO examination centres nationwide, before you’ll be able to collect your original NECO certificate, you’ll be required to visit the NECO office(s) in your state with the following documents:
- Sworn affidavit
- NECO Online result print-out
- One passport-sized photograph
- NECO Photo card
- Identity card
NOTE: Candidates are advised to keep their original certificate with greater care as the NECO exam body doesn’t issue certificates twice.