The World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program 2022-2023. This fellowship is for aspiring researchers from developing countries with World Bank research economists, creating unique opportunities for the fellows to participate in rigorous policy-relevant research in the World Bank’s Development Economics.
Fellows will be hosted at the World Bank in Washington, D.C. for 8 months (September to May) and work under the supervision of researchers in the World Bank’s Development Impact Evaluation (DIME) and Development Research Group departments.
Robert S. McNamara fellows will learn current research standards, acquire new econometric skills, and network with leading researchers in their field. They will have a unique opportunity to participate in rigorous policy-relevant research and widen their perspective on potential development questions, and how their research can address challenges in the developing world.
The Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Program offers competitive compensation, totalling $42,750 net of income taxes per fellow for an 8-month fellowship (paid in monthly instalments). Since the fellows will be hosted at the World Bank in Washington, D.C., the World Bank will assist the selected candidates with their application for a G4 visa.
Fellows are responsible for all travel and accommodation arrangements, including their costs. Nevertheless, the compensation should cover all the fellow’s expenses.
The World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program 2022-2023 Eligibility criteria
To be considered for the Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Program, applicants must be:
- Nationals of World Bank member countries (189 country), with preference to nationals of developing countries.
- Fluent in English.
- Graduates of master’s level studies or currently pursuing a PhD in Economics or a related field.
- No more than 35 years of age (by June 30, 2022).
- Available to relocate to Washington, D.C. for the duration of the fellowship.
How to apply to Robert S. McNamara Fellowship Program?
Before applying, take a look at the overview of this fellowship program:
Deadline: April 4, 2022.
Financing: $42,750 net of income taxes per fellow for an 8-month.
Open to: All countries (preference will be given to developing countries).
Place: Washington, D.C. USA
Hosted by: World Bank.
Applicants must submit:
- An updated CV.
- A statement of purpose describing their research interests, professional objectives, and discussing their qualifications as development researchers.
- Contact details for a reference who can provide a letter of recommendation (letters will only be requested for shortlisted candidates).
- A writing sample (optional).
- A code sample (optional).